Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Install Gaia R77.30 on Lenovo server X3650 M5

A few days ago I had to install a checkpoint cluster with two server Lenovo System x3650 M5.
I downloaded the Gaia R77.30 iso file and created a bootable USB flash drive using ISOmorphic.
When I tried to boot  the system from USB I had the following result:

Boot Failed!



I tried to create the bootable USB using rufus, but the output did not change.
I thought it was a problem of the USB key and I created a DVD to start the system .. nothing.
Nothing changed!
I made one last attempt loading the iso directly on the server via the iMM interface (Integrated Management Module), but I always got the same error.

After some debugging I found the solution in the pre boot configuration of the X3650 server:


  • First you need to change the setting of BIOS from UEFI to legacy. 
  • Then, in the Select Next One-Time Boot, select Legacy 
  • Save the settings and reboot the system, 
Booting now from USB disk will start with the installation of Gaia R77.30

No comments:

Post a Comment